Sunday, March 2, 2008

My new favorite blog

Surfing the web the other day, I found a new site that I really like alot. It's called Metroblogging Austin.
I like it because its all things Austin. They talk about movies, concerts, great places to get tacos, you name it, its there. I think its also pretty cool to chat with other Austinites that love this town as much as I do. This blog is also a great way to find those cool hidden places around Austin like where you can play chicken bingo or the best little vegan restaurant/coffee shop that almost always features our favorite Austin celebrity, Leslie.
Its amazing how social media not only connects you with people all over the world, but also connects you with people in your own town that you would probably not have met without the wonderful world of blogs. This site will also be helpful for tourists to Austin, instead of just relying on the Chronicle (which I love-don't get me wrong) there is also other ways to find out what is fun and interesting to do in this town and from the opinions of the people who live here.

3 comments:

nicridge said...

I think that is a great idea to have a blog for Austin. It just shows another way that blogs are useful and changing the way in which we get our information. This is a great site to recommend to any visitors to the city, or people just wondering what there is to do around here. Great find!

Anonymous said...

I just wish there were more cities in the Metroblogs network. I'm leaving Austin post-graduation and it would be very handy to know a site that covered the Austin I know and love and covered my destination also. Assumptions of equivalency could be made and I could be hitting the Louisville parallel of Maudie's on day one...
Stupid Maudie's, not being everywhere.

Anonymous said...

jolantampic tame fission cansummary proceed goes rely exceeding sets beset relocate
lolikneri havaqatsu